Youda is a tech start up, committed to improving the experience for employees within the hospitality sector. Youda enables employers to make more informed people decisions with valuable, insightful employee information at their fingertips. With a team of five, Youda saves businesses time and money with personalised, responsive workflows that automate people management processes.
Chantal Wilson is Co-founder and Product Lead and hospitality-obsessive at Youda. Here, she gives us more information about Youda and about their innovative partnership with PayCaptain.
Tell us about yourselves… How long have you been in business and what was the inspiration behind Youda?
Youda is a people-experience platform made for hospitality. A mouthful I know! We’re a start-up and have been in business since early 2022.
Youda was born out of our lived experiences with the currently limitations of HR tech. For me, as a People Director, I was frustrated with the type of information we held on our people - my HR system knew their tax code, but not if they were a Mum, at Uni or a vegan!
This stuff mattered to me. I was in a position to make decisions that impacted our people, yet often didn’t have enough of the data to be as informed as I wanted to be. Plus, despite the large investment we’d made on HR tech, my team were constantly having to do workarounds.
There’s a saying that ‘one size fits all’ – my co-founders and I don’t agree! The inspiration behind Youda was that there’s a need for businesses to customise and hyper-personalise information for people, so we decided to make it happen!
What are Youda’s main features?
Employee Experience is not about the employer, it’s about their people.
Youda provides People Teams access to no-code automations - both templated and fully customisable workflows - and people-reporting dashboards, including a snapshot summary of 90-day turnover; desired staffing levels and the ability to access all their raw data.
These features matter because without the right information, employers are flying blindfolded. Without the ability to curate experiences, you’re a blockbuster in a world of Netflix!
With Youda, a GM can hire someone and set-off the motions to onboarding a new employee onto four different systems in 85 seconds with only six clicks.
What are the benefits of Youda and how does your functionality help your customers?
Youda allows you to do ‘more with less.’ With rising expectations of customers and employees, our tech helps businesses bridge the gap.
“The problem we're solving is time… giving time back to leaders, so they can do the human stuff that matters.”
By creating time, the added value is the experience your people have is seamless, coherent and aligned to your culture. Essentially a CRM for people!
Why are Youda and PayCaptain such a good fit?
Youda helps businesses improve their employee experience. We believe that it’s the ‘little and often’ touch points that make a difference.
Payroll is an area that most people have historically accepted being a mediocre or even a bad experience. Payroll has been crying out for innovation and improvement
PayCaptain turns a mediocre experience into an outstanding one in the frontier of payroll and financial well-being. Similarly, Youda gives employers the ability to remove mediocracy by automating tasks and providing insightful analytics on what is and isn’t working for your people.
Youda and PayCaptain are natural partners as we both want to improve employee and employer experiences through fast-moving, innovative tech.
What customers do you have in common with PayCaptain?
Currently we’re collaborating on NQ64, who’ve just launched both our platforms. It’s an exciting time and there’s lots more ahead!
Why do you enjoy partnering with PayCaptain?
We love working with tech partners that have a similar ethos to ours – delivering an incredible UX (user experience) through modern technology. I’m always impressed by the depth of hospitality knowledge at PayCaptain and this makes us kindred spirits in wanting to make hospitality the best place to be.
What are your plans for Youda in the future?
To continue to work with excellent employers like NQ64 and tech providers like PayCaptain. The data is clear - employees want more from their employers. Our industry needs to find a way meet those expectations commercially!
PayCaptain is a multi-award-winning Cloud-based payroll solution headed up by founder and CEO Simon Bocca. Simon and the team are dedicated to improving the financial wellness of employees, especially lower income or more vulnerable employees.
PayCaptain’s Mobile App gives employees greater control of their pay, as well as how they receive it. The App contains a host of innovative functionality to improve understanding and financial resilience. This functionality includes:
- Interactive payslips – these are graphical payslips which break down payments and deductions for employees. Employees can click on Help icons for more information on how their deductions have been calculated so they know exactly how their pay has been worked out. Help icons explain tax, NICs, student loan and pension calculations directly on the payslip
- On demand pay – where companies can give their employees access to payments when they need them, even if it’s outside of the regular pay period
- Payment splitting – where employees can make payments direct from their net pay to family members, landlords, loans, credit cards,etc – eliminating the risk of missing an important payment
- Savings - employees can pre-plan the amount to save and is automatically transferred from net pay. This builds some resilience for times of financial hardship
- Money planning tool – where employees can create a personal budget
- Personalised financial guidance – trusted, impartial and confidential financial guidance from Money Helper can be accessed directly through the PayCaptain app
- PayCaptain has an AI Chatbot that can answer the most frequently asked questions raised by employees about their pay. If the employee needs to speak to an expert, they can be transferred to a member of the PayCaptain team for more guidance and support. When the employee calls PayCaptain, their last payslip automatically comes up on screen for the advisor so they can handle the enquiry quickly and efficiently
- Pensions – to make provision and build better financial resilience for later life
PayCaptain partners with dynamic businesses who are dedicated to enhancing workplace relationships by delivering more information and insights to improve employee and employer experiences.Visit our Partners page to see who we work with and how they can help your business.
PayCaptain Payroll Solutions Limited, www.paycaptain.com is a multi-award-winning HR/FinTech company that delivers a fully automated cloud outsourced payroll service. The solution contains many unique and innovative features for employees, helping them to take control of their pay and increase their financial well-being. PayCaptain is a payroll solution that helps employers pay their workforce, regardless of income and personal circumstances. The solution also incorporates functionality that's specifically designed to positively impact financial resilience for people struggling with money, or vulnerable and low-income employees.
PayCaptain is the world’s first payroll company to be B-Corporation certified. To read more about B-Corporations, visit www.bcorporation.net
PayCaptain has been recognised and rewarded with two B Corp ‘Best for the World’ awards for being within the top 5% of highest scorers within both the Workers and Governance impact areas in the B Corporation B Impact Assessment.
In October 2022, PayCaptain was awarded the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals ’Software Product of the Year 2022 at the CIPP Annual Excellence Awards.